Monday 14 February 2022

The Peacock 427

 I am going barefoot after all.  I seem to be the only one up and about, and wonder about getting things ready for breakfast.  I don't see why not, and I already know my way around the kitchen.  Somewhat.  The only thing is, I don't know what Melissa has in mind, and perhaps I should wait for her.  I will make coffee.  I think I hear someone coming down the grand staircase, which isn´t far from the kitchen.  I expect Melissa, or maybe Carl, but no, it is Carol, dressed in a floor-length velour dressing gown, the same shade of crimson as Carl's underpants.  And it just bursts out of my mouth, "Good morning Carol, your lovely robe is the exact same colour as Carl's underwear."

"Good morning, Christopher.  And you know the colour of Carl's underwear...how?"

"I saw him just this morning on his way to the bathroom."

"Men are so immodest", she scoffs, seating herself at the table.

"I came out of the bathroom naked". I reply.

"That's enough information."  She holds her fist to her mouth as she yawns.  "Are you making coffee, darling?  How divine."

"Sleep well?"

"Oh beautifully.  And why are you barefoot?"

"Something different.  It's comfortable."

"As, I imagine, walking about naked..."


No comments:

Post a Comment