Thursday 24 February 2022

Thje Peacock 437

 "That is so like something out of Cosme´s journal", says Carol

"Cosme?" says Sarah.

"I don't suppose you were here when Jesús and Aaron were translating it from the Spanish for us", Francois says

"Oh, but I was the second time, just yesterday,  That is so bizarre.  But I must have forgotten  And I have to admit that my head doesn't feel very clear this morning", says Sarah.

"How is your coffee, dear?" says Carol, maternally, and I can tell, while watching the mixture sizzling and thickening in the giant skillet, that she has already adopted the younger woman as a kind of surrogate daughter.  They do seem very fond of each other.  Francois, too, seems to fit well with both of them, while being a man, but his presence is inordinately gentle, and I can hardly resist the desire to simply keep looking at him.

"I might benefit from a refill soon, but not right now", Sarah says.

I don't ordinarily find black men attractive or unattractive.  I think François is the first African I have ever really noticed, and he is truly beautiful.  I worry that I might be exoticizing him, but no, I think I just really really like this man.  

"Pay attention, Christopher", barks Melissa, "We don't want it to burn." And with her help I pry the giant pancake loose from the skillet which slides gently onto the large dinner plate she is holding.  
We have four such skillets going simultaneously, and we have fourteen of those buggers to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment