Wednesday 23 February 2022

The Peacock 436

 "I have had some pretty strange dreams in my time but this one really takes the cake."  She takes a prolonged bitter sip of her coffee, looks up and sighs openly.

"But darling", Carol purrs.  "Don't keep us in suspense.  Tell us please, about your dream.  All about it.  We're all ears."

"I don't even think it was a dream  He was right there, in the room with me."

"But who, darling.  Who?"

"This man."

"You had a gentleman in your room", says Francois with a sly little smile.

"I would hardly call him a gentleman.  He was tall, seated in the chair, dressed all in white  Like a robe really.  A strikingly handsome man, blonde, blue eyes, high cheekbones."

"You had a handsome gentleman in your bedroom last night", says Francois, giggling.

"I sat up in my bed and I wanted to say something, but lost my voice.  I was seized by complete, absolute panic" she asks.  "All he said, with a rather strange smile, was 'We are waiting for you. Sarah.  Remember the birds.'  Then I fell asleep, and didn't know anything till I woke up?"

No comments:

Post a Comment