Monday 28 February 2022

The Peacock 441

 "Just recently?"  say I.

"Very recently", he replies, then gently glares at me with warning and whispers, "Not in front of the children."

"Oh", say I following a brief pause  "Yes, I get it."

"No whispering at the table", grumbles Melissa.

"Big Mel to the rescue", says Carl.

"Don't you start", she says.  "I'm still on my first coffee."

"I'll wait then till you've finished your fourth", quips her brother, smiling.

"That would be better", she concurs.

"So Aaron", says Carl.  "You were just in Costa Rica.  For how long this time"

"About a month", he answers vaguely.

"And were you writing us there", he asks.

"I write you guys everywhere.  But now I'm at home again."

Carl, realizing that this is not the time for even his good natured brand of mischief, given that there are others present who know nothing about Aaron's interdimensional writing project, simply concurs, "And it is so utterly cool that you have found your home here among us"

"What are you writing about", says George with an ingratiating smile.

"Oh, this and that", replies Aaron, before stuffing his face with an extra large chunk of pannekoek.

No comments:

Post a Comment