Saturday 12 February 2022

The Peacock 425

 It is 5:34.  I seem to have had enough sleep.  Maybe just enough.  The quiet drama of the moonlight has given way to the operatic grandeur of the rising sun, a stain of copper  pouring itself on the floor in blood  infused with molten gold.  I had dreams, I am certain I had dreams, but none of the many strangers that people my dreams is going to come forward to self-identify. this bed always feels just a little too comfortable.  It is a single bed, not especially narrow, but just right for one lonely guy to summon forth his dreams and night visions.  

Through the open window the singing birds fill the morning air with their sublime music, and all is well in the world, except, and I don't know what it is, but something seems to be evading me, and I think it was a dream, but I really don't know right now.  I feel surprisingly alert for so early in the morning,  I do have time to go back to sleep, or just lie here and observe that stain of sunlight on the floor as the copper fades and brightens to gold and the gold to gleaming platinum.

Yes, there was someone in my dream this morning.  I only wish I could identify him.  This would be someone I know, but do I know this person waking or sleeping?  Or maybe both.  But I don't feel ready to move yet.  Maybe by just lying here I can summon him forth...

No comments:

Post a Comment