Monday 21 February 2022

The Peacock 434

 "I dream a lot about boats", he says.

"Boats.  How very interesting", Carol replies.  "What kinds of boats?

"My most common dream", Francois says, "Is that I am sitting alone in a little skiff or rowboat, out on the high sea somewhere.  It is always calm and the water is as still as blue glass.  It is always a deep sapphire blue.  I always seem to have that dream in the mornings, and I always wake up right away."

"How do you feel when you wake up?"  The voice belongs to Sarah.  She is leaning over from behind Francois.

"Very good.  Very rested.  That is always for me a good dream.

"What color is the boat?" Carol asks.

"It´s always white.  A clean, pure, shining white.

"Are you a sailing enthusiast?" Carol asks

"I've never sailed in my life.  I can't even swim, so, no connection there.

"Jen", says Sarah,  "Is there anything I can  help with?"

"Maybe you could prepare the fruit."

"Too late", says Melissa, carrying in a bunch of bananas.  Then she says to Sarah, "You can still eat breakfast if all you do this morning is sit around and chat.  That's also important..."

No comments:

Post a Comment