Thursday 17 February 2022

The Peacock 430

"Well, it is rather early to be thinking of any stories to tell, but I am certainly happy to help with coffee", says Carol.
"Not even one story?" I ask.
"After I've had my second coffee", she says.  "And only if you are good."
"How many eggs, Jennifer?" I ask.
"How many will we be feeding?"
"Us three", says Carol, "Melissa and Carl...the other two, Aaron and our young Colombian...both your friends, Jennifer, the black priest...the male couple...how many is that...Fourteen?"
"How many eggs do we have?" says Jennifer.
"Here are two flats of thirty each."
"One flat should do."
"Thirty eggs?  Isn't that a lot?" says Carol.
"Jennifer is adapting a Dutch recipe."  The voice belongs to Melissa, who has just slipped in like a silent cat, into the kitchen.  "They´re called pannekoek.  Think of a crepe on steroids."
"I´ve had those before", say I.  "They're pretty awesome.  Want some milk?"



No comments:

Post a Comment