Friday 29 July 2022

591

 "Adam", says Carl.  "What is it?  How are you?"

Lazarus places his hand on his companion's back.  Adam's eyes are closed, and he appears to be fighting back tears.

"Adam", says Sarah, "It's alright.  You are among friends."

"I'm sorry", says Adam, his voice tremulous.  "I'm so, so sorry.  I should have spoken up.  long ago.  but then, all this shit happened, and then we just had to get out of here.  I didn't know it was so important.  but, yes.  You all should know this.  You all have a right, more now than ever to know."

"To know what?" says Sarah, her voice urgent, almost theatrical.

"I have been in communication with them.  Both of them,.  There are two."

"The men in white?" says Carol, her hands clasped nervously.

"Yes.  The men in white.  They are my friends."

"Your friends.

"Let me explain.  Please."

No comments:

Post a Comment