Wednesday 27 July 2022

The Peacock 589

 "There is something that I wish to bring up here", says Glen, who has been quiet so far since we all sat down together.  There is something arresting about him, his soft voice, his quiet, gentle, and very respectful delivery.  Could this man of angelic visage really be the true and natural leader of this community?

"For sometime, some of us, have been aware of other presence, or presences here.  I for one.  And Douglas, for all his flaws and faults, was keenly aware of something haunting this place.  In fact, he was in communication with some of those beings, and this is what I believe must have driven him over into the deep end."

I am suddenly reminded of the two beings in white I saw when I was dreaming this afternoon.

"I have also had some contact here", continues Glen, "With something, or someone quite unusual.  May I explain further, please?  I think this could be important."

"Do proceed, please", says Carl.  "I think we're all ears right now."

"It did happen a couple of times, when I first came to live here.  I would take long solitary walks in the garden, in the very back, near the southern magnolia, and on two...no...three...on three occasions, I saw a peacock."

Oh...My...God!

"And then I would see, just briefly, some kind of bright white presence,.  Then nothing..."

"Nothing?" says Carl. 

"I would simply come to, seated on one of the benches, as though I was coming out of a trance..."

No comments:

Post a Comment