Wednesday 6 July 2022

The Peacock 568

 "Long story", says Jeffery, "But let's say we had to get out to protect our mental health."

"They must have been pretty strict."

"Nothing pretty about what we went through there", says Francois, "Nothing pretty at all."

"Well", says Tommy  ", I guess you don't have to tell me the details."

"Precisely because", says Jeffery  ", We don't have to.  And we are not going to."

"We still have to figure out the legal details and implications", says Francois.

"Hm", says Tommy.  "Anyone for more pie or coffee?"

"Come visit us", says Carl.  "Have you been jabbed yet?"

"For covid, my turn is coming up in a couple of months.  I'm still in my thirties."

"We're all getting it tomorrow", says Carl.  "Because of our unique living arrangements, my sister and I have managed to persuade the public health people to give us special status.  Since we're coming here all the time anyway, Why don't you guys come over tomorrow to get poked with us.  I'm sure they'll let you ."

"What time tomorrow?" says Tommy.

"Can you be there at ten?"

"How do I find your place?"

"Take the North Road, about five kilometres, then you will see a gravel road on the left.  It's another three K or so, but follow it to the end and you will find our driveway, and then you will see the big house.  Bring Carlos and your wife"

"Okay."

"And we will have coffee and goodies to serve you, so please come and let us reciprocate the hospitality", says Sarah.


No comments:

Post a Comment