Wednesday 13 July 2022

The Peacock 575

 And now, suddenly, it is occurring to me that I also might have something to contribute.  Two things. actually.  My condo, and my father's house.  It is a three bedroom house that I grew up in, and it could be easily converted into a five bedroom, given that there is also a family room, and an office, and both could be sleepable.  The church has taken care of it for now, but the student couple with the two kids who are being housed there right now will be leaving in December.  I have legal title, and what I say goes, which means that the church will have to do as I say concerning the  house.   As Aaron would say, it's in the contract.  And this time we do have an actual written contract.  And my condo could be classed as a one bedroom, but there is also a den that could be made into a bedroom.  So then, with Maureen, Jenn and Sarah back in their house, along with, theoretically, anyway, George, Jeffery, Carl and Melissa, and I could take in, let's see, Francois, Adam, Lazarus, and maybe Michael and Matthew.  Which would still leave Glen and Sheila, and I can't imagine Michael going anywhere without his mother.  But wait a minute.  There is that large rec room in the basement, and it could be divided into two bedrooms, and that would take care of everyone.  provided that is, that Carol and Jesús will both be returning to their own places, and I don't think that Aaron would be prepared to give up his little apartment either.

What I want to know right now is, why are we suddenly all talking about moving?  Is something going to happen?  Is Mrs. Vancoevorden going to put up the mansion for sale, or perhaps something worse is going to happen?  Or maybe is it soon going to be time for everyone, and especially for our beloved hosts, to return to the real world? 

Without further ado, we step out into the rain on our way to the three cars that have taken us to the diner.  The conversation this afternoon is going to be very interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment