Tuesday 19 July 2022

The Peacock 581

 It is brighter now, despite the cloud and the rain outside.  Carl is now sitting up on top of his bed.  

"Thank you for coming", he says.  "This must be your first time in my room here."

I take one of the armchairs.

"Not going to sit with me?" says Carl.

"I'll sit with you over here.  Get up." 

Carl groans, then slowly pulls his legs to the side of the bed.  "Your wish is my command."  He trudges over to the other chair.

"Did you think I was going to seduce you?"

"The meeting is about to start."

"Oh, yes, the meeting, yet another meeting.  We are all meetings here."

"What's up?"

Carl just looks at me sadly, he is clearly miserable about something.

"What's wrong?"

"Christopher", he says.  "Why don't you stay with us here?"



No comments:

Post a Comment