Sunday 31 July 2022

The Peacock 593

 "The visitations were frequent and regular, and this went on for a few years.  I sometimes saw both of the men in white, but it was always the one with the long hair who would take me aside, to walk with me on the trails, or sit with me on a bench.  We rarely spoke, in fact, I wonder if we really just communicated telepathically.  Never once did he identify himself.  Then one day I asked him, what am I doing here?"

Adam doesn't appear to know what to say next.  He pauses, his face intently focussed, as though trying to remember something.  Melissa has left the room...now she is returning and gives him a glass of water which he eagerly takes and drinks.

Then I said to him, "I can't know what I'm doing here.  I don't even know who I am.  Until when I arrived at the Place of the Transfiguration, I don't even have a clear memory of my life.  That was when he spoke to me.  He said that it is an act of mercy that I have no memories.  And I will continue in this state of forgetfulness for some time to come.  Then he charged me with what I was supposed to tell everyone here.  By the way, this happened just last week."

"What did he tell you?" says Carl...  

No comments:

Post a Comment