Saturday 23 July 2022

The Peacock 585

 "I think we have forgotten someone", says Matthew.  "Adam and Lazarus, what do you have to say?"

"We have talked about it", says Lazarus ", and right now, we have nowhere to go, so we are falling upon the mercy of the household here."

"Nothing to fall about", says Carl, "Welcome home."

"The thing is", Adam says, "Right now, all other doors appear to be closed to us.  We would be most grateful to stay on here, and this house is very much our home.  But I  think it would also be nice to visit the ladies in  Vancouver sometimes, don't you think, Sable?"

"I also have a house in Vancouver", I mention.  "There is a tenant family there that will be out  in December.  I just got a text from the parish, since they have been handling the house in my absence, and they have agreed that I will be taking possession again.  But there are three bedrooms, and other spaces that could be converted easily into four more bedrooms, and everyone who can fit is welcome as far as I'm concerned." I catch a sideways glance from Carl, and already I am aware that I am going to have three living companions in my father's house, being Carl, Adam and Lazarus.  Don't ask me how I know.  I simply know, as I often before have come to know such things long before they happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment