Sunday 17 July 2022

The Peacock 579

 "I picked him up hitch hiking and we took him with us for lunch"

"You should have just left him in the rain", says Melissa.

"It would have been too unkind."

"As if..." she says, "But I see your point.  I commend you for your compassion and mercy.  He didn't come back with you, I hope."

"His mother picked him up at the diner.  Or, at least we assume it was his mother."

"What did you all talk about?" says Carol.

"Mostly Tristan didn't participate.  He just sat there, ate and looked miserable.  Then he threw a homophobic slur at George and Jeff and stormed out and shortly after his mother came to get him.  How was your lunch here?"

"It was quite lovely", says Carol.  "Grilled cheese sandwiches and salad, and more pie for dessert, as if we could hold any more.  You should have stayed."

"I concur", says Melissa.

"I think for now, we are going to keep going out for lunch.  It would be really awesome if everyone came."

"Someone's got to keep the home fire burning", mumbles Melissa.  "And where is  my brother, we're due to begin.."



No comments:

Post a Comment