Wednesday 20 July 2022

The Peacock 582

 "Why don't you come stay with me in Vancouver?"

"We have to look after the house here.  As you can see, it's pretty big."

"And you want us to help you take care of it."

Carl looks at me, a bit peevish.  "You guys, all of you, and especially you, Chris, you have shown me what happiness is."

"And you're afraid it'll all end?"

"Everything's in transition."

"But now, as we observed this morning at prayer, this new community is born.  Shouldn't we see where it all goes.?"

"The ladies are already planning to leave", says Carl, disconsolate.

"And your mom is coming."

"Oh God, don't remind me, please!"

"What is it with you and your mom?"

"That little woman is so fucking powerful.  She is a centrifugal force.  It's all I can do not to get pulled under by her.  And I always get pulled under.  Especially when it's her and Melissa.  They are together unstoppable..."

No comments:

Post a Comment