Friday 22 July 2022

The Peacock 584

 Carol says, "I for one might consider extending my time here, but I don't know yet.  I will need time to sort things out and make arrangements about my house.  I have been here a very short time, but I have also come to feel strangely at home here, and that very quickly, which for me almost never has happened anywhere else in my life."

"I would like to stay", says Jesús.  "This for me feels like a safe place, and I really like everyone here."

Following a brief and pensive silence, Melissa says, "Then we shall carry the motion that our community here is in transition, and we will all give one another time to work out our own details here.  I believe the next motion is about financing.  I understand that Carl has already informed some of you that my brother and I are the sole sponsors of this house and community.  This is not entirely true, as there is a trust fund that was set up by our grandparents which takes care of the operating expenses of the house here.  Carl and I have been paying for food and other supplies from our own resources which, I am relieved to say, are still very ample.  We also provide from the inheritance we received from our father for our mother and some of the operating costs of her community in Switzerland, which is now about to disband."

"Is that why she is coming here?" says Carol.

"Nothing's written in stone so far", says Carl.

"She hasn't said anything decisive, so far," says Melissa, "But the idea is for her to stay here with us, for a while anyway.  but back to finances.  I also understand from Carl that a number of you already have your own means and are opting to be more self-sustaining.  Do keep in mind that we do welcome any direction towards independence and personal responsibility, but also remember that anyone who is need can be assured that they will go without nothing as long as they are staying here with us.  That said, are there any other comments, questions or concerns about finances here...none?  Alright, then I move that we proceed to the next item of business...

No comments:

Post a Comment