Tuesday 4 April 2023

The Peacock 838

 "That's not going to be somewhat awkward?" says Carl.

"Not in the least", proclaims Amanda, now seated on a couch with Naomi.  "Naomi is the only one there who didn't turn against me."

"Despite her scandalous boutique?" says Carl to Naomi.

"I see it entirely from a health care perspective", says Naomi.  "Especially during this pandemic.  You can't expect everyone who's a couple to sit up all night playing Scrabble."

"Harm reduction?" says Carl, clearly wanting to stir the pot again.

"Call it what you want", says his half sister.  "But we are all sexual beings.  Okay, some of us are more asexual, but we are still sexual beings.  As far  as I'm concerned, Amanda is performing a public service."

"I'd like to hear you say that to your pastor."

"Brian has already heard it all from me verbatim."

"And have you left?."

"Oh hell no.  He respects me too much."

"Everyone in the church respects Naomi.  I only wish I knew how she does it", says Amanda.  "So, Naomi, how do you do it?  What is your magic?"

"Without actually taking sides, I appear to have everyone convinced that I am on their side", she says.  "And in a way I am, even when we don't agree."

"But how do you do it?"

"Hell, I don't know.  By the way Amanda you have to try this drink, it's all tropical fruits, no alcohol and it is exquisite."

"Let me bring you a glass", says Jennifer, getting up from her chair...

No comments:

Post a Comment