Sunday 30 April 2023

The Peacock 864

 The Mother promptly began to lecture me for drinking the water of my baptism, then painstakingly with imput from the Father, gave me a step by step detailed account of everything that had happened to me the previous year, beginning with my meeting with them both in Humlegarden Park, to my flights to Vancouver and Victoria, to my two nights at the community, then my apparently three weeks in the Refuge.  They only referred to the kid as their "Lord".  Some of the details I appeared to remember.  But following our visit, I was already beginning to forget.  They told me that once a month, they would join us, and each time remind me of what I had forgotten.  This went on for another year.  I really didn't have much spare attention for them, being busy with my classes, my students, my research and writing as well as with Marguerite and Yohanna, plus an affair I was launching into with a young male teaching assistant.  Then, on what would be my final visit with the ancient couple, I was warned that because of my immoral behaviour with Jens, the young TA, they would be taking from me Yohanna and Marguerite, and one week later, they both, my wife and my daughter, perished when a bus ran them both over in the downtown...

No comments:

Post a Comment