Monday 24 April 2023

The Peacock 858

 "I was the only person at this strange mysterious pace. Every morning the boy would knock on my bedroom door, to wake me up.  Then he would sit in a chair in my room and wait for me while I showered and made myself ready.  Breakfast was always sumptuous and delicious and varied, and already on the table when we arrived.  We rarely spoke to each other.  It seemed we were communicating telepathically.  We always spent the last hour before lunch seated in the midst of a circular physick garden in the midst of a large plantation of medicinal, culinary, and I suspect magical herbs.  There was a sundial in the middle.  It was an especially silent place, and we would sit together on one of the benches, quiet, not speaking for at least an hour, before returning to the house for lunch.  In the library, I know I was reading and absorbing a lot.  But to this day, I can't remember the books nor the writers.  But I was learning mysteries of the universe, the earth, our humanity, the environment, the centrality of the spirit to everything. I was a dry sponge absorbing pure living water."


"I never sat in the library, except a couple of times",says Jason  "I don't think I was able to read."

No comments:

Post a Comment