Wednesday 26 April 2023

The Peacock 860

 "One morning the kid came to my door, knocked three times, as he always did.  I let him in.  I had my shower and came out while towelling myself off in front of him where he was seated as usual in the comfy chair.   For some reason I felt completely at ease around him naked, and I'm usually not at all modest anyway, but he was so young and I would have been perhaps a little more discreet with a sixteen year old, but that didn't seem to matter.  Plus, he did also seem older than me.  Way older.

"Don't get dressed yet", he said as I reached for my underwear.

I looked at him, not comprehending.

"Today is the day of your baptism."  Then he gathered my clothes together in a bundle which he wrapped in a clean towel.  "We will have breakfast just after the baptism", he said.

"This all seemed to be part of a dream as I followed the kid down two flights of stairs, and outside.  We went to the pool of forgetfulness.  He told me to step into the water, which I did, still completely naked.  That was when they appeared, it was the first time I saw them.  They were tall, incredibly tall, and appeared to be shining with light or wearing bright shining robes.  I could hardly tell the difference.  They seemed like youths, but it was hard to discern which gender.  Their lovely faces were incandescent and their eyes shone like live coals.  They radiated joy and peace and such a force as I could hardly stand in their presence.

I was in waste deep and they both stepped into the water with me, one on each side as they both lowered me head backwards into the water, warning me first that I must not swallow any of the water.  But I couldn't keep my mouth closed.  I swallowed the water, a good quantity of the water.  They pulled me to the surface, and shivering and choking, everything seemed suddenly incomprehensible to me.

The two beings disappeared from sight as I stepped out of the pool and the kid began to methodically almost ritually towel me dry.

"You should not have drunk the water", he said. "But it will all come out well.  You are going to forget for a while, but then you will remember, first on occasion then frequently, especially when you begin to seek after the young man you have been chosen to bring to his calling and vocation.

"And Kenny, my son, it was you to whom he was referring..."

No comments:

Post a Comment