Wednesday 12 April 2023

The Peacock 846

 It is already nine and everyone seems to be running out of juice.  Tommy, Carrie  and Carlos have just left, and now Amanda is putting on her coat.  There are already several people in the kitchen doing clean up.  Sheila and Matthew have both excused themselves, and Michael has already complained that he is starting to fade.  Only Carl, Francois, and Jason and Lazarus remain with me in the salon.  Carol is playing something on the piano in the next room.

'Bye", says Amanda, as Sarah sees her out.  "I has been an amazing pleasure."

"Does that mean you're coming back", calls Carl from his armchair.

"You bet it does", she says.  "Do we get another floor show?"

"You are going to have to ask our two burlesque girls", he says.  "But I don't think they would be adverse to the notion."

"Do you feel like reading more of your friend's journal", says Carl.

"My friend had a name."

"Oh, sorry.  Kenny."

"That's better."  I am feeling right now unusually playful and punchy.  "Francois,what do you think?"

"I don't see why not.  How about you guys", he says, looking at Jason and Lazarus.

"Would there be enough room in my bedroom?" 

"There is also  sitting area up there.

"Really?"

"You haven't seen it because the door is always closed..."


No comments:

Post a Comment