Sunday 23 April 2023

The Peacock 857

 "The boy and I ate lunch together in the dining room, which was a huge, elegant chamber full of mouldings and wood beams and paneling and wainscotting, clearly a place out of any of the most elegant estates from the British Isles.  The lunch itself was simple and lovely and very healthful: fresh fruit of all varieties with yogurt and various of the finest cheeses of Europe, various dark and whole grain breads, and what appeared to be different nut butters.  It was quite incredible.  Then we went to the library where we sat in comfy chairs with coffee, and he began to explain to me the plan for my stay.  I was to be with him for three weeks.  We would spend the mornings together, breakfast, then walks on the expansive grounds surrounding the mansion.  After lunch I would be on my own to research and read in the librry, and walk on my own and rest.  I was especially supposed to give priority to rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment