Tuesday 18 April 2023

The Peacock 852

 "I had actually almost completely forgotten my meeting with Greta, and thought nothing at all about our conversation.  I simply didn't want to believe any of it, so I didn't remember it.  Then, three weeks later to the day, while taking a stroll in Humlegarden Park.  I passed an elderly couple seated on a bench, when the woman called me in English, "Sven Ingmar Lindstrom."   I at first resolved to ignore her and kept walking.  Then she called me again, "Sven Ingmar Lindstrom."  I felt literally and bodily pulled towards them, till I stood before them where they were still seated on the bench. 

"How may I help you", I replied in a timid voice, because I was feeling rather overwhelmed, frightened and paralysed.

"We are Greta's friends.  She told you we would be seeing you, and now it is three weeks since you spoke with her."

They stood up.  "We would like you to come with us, please", said the gentleman, presumably her husband.  I found them both incredibly tall, at least two metres.  They otherwise looked very British, dressed in tweeds.  She had incredible hair, white and wild, flying in all directions...

No comments:

Post a Comment