Friday 7 April 2023

The Peacock 841

 "Did that actually happen?" says Glen, his plate full of uneaten cheesecake sitting neglected in his lap.

"The first drag show is always the most impactful", says Carl.

"He's not that innocent", says Michael.  "And Glen, you'd better hurry up and eat your cheesecake before I tear it from under your nose."

"You've seen this before?" says Carl, leaning towards him like a coconspirator.

"What a magnificent performance" rhapsodizes Carol  "Those two must be professionals."

"They were pretty good", says Jennifer.

"Incredible", chimes Sarah.  "Best drag performance I've ever seen, and I have seen a few."

"And you too, Glen?" says Carl, satirically.

"Back in the day.  You probably still hadn't learned to wipe your bum when I had my first contact with drag queens."

"That's right", says I, "You knew some friends of Kenny's."

"Did I ever."  And now, Glen appears to have shed like an old skin his holy and consecrated visage as he begins to remember his own distant past...

No comments:

Post a Comment