Sunday 16 April 2023

The Peacock 850

 I tried to direct us to the place where Christopher works, since I really wanted to feel safe and supported, but he insisted on Starbucks.  I hate Starbucks, but Lindstrom was not going to be swayed.  And really, once we sat down with our coffees, it really wasn't that bad.

"I owe you an explanation ", said Lindstrom."

"I would say you do". I replied.  "So, tell me everything.  Starting with, who the fuck are you?"

"My full name Sven Ingmar Lindstrom.  I grew up in Stockholm Sweden.  My mother was a nurse, my father a construction foreman.  I studied philosophy in Stockholm University, and graduated with honours.  I eventually won a teaching post.  And then came my first crisis.  One afternoon in April, one of my students, a young woman, approached me at the end of the class and insisted that she had to see me that same day in my office.

"She was one of my youngest students.  Still only seventeen.  An incredibly brilliant young woman.  She was majoring in environmental sciences, but was also taking a minor in philosophy.  Her name was Greta..."

No comments:

Post a Comment