Friday 21 April 2023

The Peacock 855

 In Vancouver I had a couple of hours to wait for my connecting flight to Victoria.  My contact person did not appear to be there.  I sat and read a Time magazine, and really wondered what the hell I was doing there and who that old couple really was.  The thing is I had responded to them as though we had always known each other, as though they were my own mother and father, and now I am aware that in a way yes they are my mother and father.  It was a short flight just a half hour.  The plane was only half full, then just as we were landing, the man next to me said, "Welcome to Victoria, Mr. Lindstrom.".  His name is Chris, and he is the purported leader of a Christian community, the Place of the Transfiguration, just across the water from the Refuge.  I spent two nights there in the community, which occupies a no longer used convent.  It is multidenominational and the people received me with great kindness and hospitality.  Then, my second morning, after breakfast, Chris walked me to the beach about a kilometre away and waited with me till the boat arrived....

No comments:

Post a Comment