Friday 14 April 2023

The Peacock 848

 "Kenny was a family friend, who became like family for the five years he lived with me and my dad.  He left this journal which I only discovered recently.  He died twenty-five years ago, presumably suicide.  He had previously been a transvestite hooker, or sex worker as they say now.  He left the lifestyle and integrated really well with our family.  He had been a university student majoring in environmental sciences, and still had a passion for nature and the outdoors.  If he was alive today he would be around sixty.  He was being stalked by a tall, blonde haired man, allegedly Swedish or Scandinavian, named Lindstrom.  This man himself was particularly troubled, but also seemed to have supernatural powers and could possibly be the same person who has been seen round here over the years.  I saw him a couple of times, the last time as a patient in the local mental hospital where I visited him with Kenny.  Then they both disappeared together.  Two days later, Kenny's body was found, washed up on Ambleside Beach in West Van.  They think he might have jumped from the Lion's Gate Bridge.  Lindstrom would still be at large.

"He might also be the same guy who picked me up at the bar that night in Victoria and drove me to the beach where this other guy in a boat took me to the Refuge", says Jason.

"Curiouser and curiouser", says Carl, digging his hand into the bag of chocolate chips...

No comments:

Post a Comment