Saturday 22 April 2023

The Peacock 856

 I arrived at the island, where I was met by a teenage boy, a very beautiful boy who I thought looked Swedish.  He wore a white shirt, almost like a short tunic and blue jeans.  He greeted me with a warm embrace, then led me up a steep hill in the woods.  We came out onto a huge estate with a rambling mansion in the middle.  The boy told me to stop and rest by the pool of forgetfulness, and he would come back to guide me to the house.  I sat on the edge of the pool, it was made of carefully masoned and set stonework, a very elegant piece of work.  But in the middle, on top of a fluted pillar, a bat-like gargoyle sculpture and water poured from his mouth into the pool  I had a sudden desire to drink some of the water, but then thought better, and declined.  I sat on the edge of the pool and stared out at the mansion.  The boy came out and smiling he asked me if I drank from the pool.  When I said no he smiled and said, that means you are ready.  Come  with me to the house....

No comments:

Post a Comment