Saturday 16 September 2023

The Peacock 1002

 And now, just as we are entering Burnaby on Canada Way, this entry two months later:


"Yesterday Dorothy got a phone call from the Vancouver Airport Authority.  They had mom in detention and wanted someone to come and take her home.  She had booked a flight to London, and arrived at the terminal without luggage and her out of date passport.  This  just after again leaving the house with the stove still on.  Fortunately I was on hand to shut it off, since Dorothy and I have agreed to spell each other off whenever possible.  A bed has been found for her in an extended care unit.  Fortunately my hours at the salon are quite flexible, and I also have a respectable schedule of house calls for the following month, but this is going to impact on my income.  Amazingly enough, Dorothy has come around and offered me financial help wherever I'm lacking.  I never appreciated what a hugely great person she is until these last several weeks.  Mom really did hit the jackpot when she married her...

"How come so quiet in the back seat", says Carl.  "Still breathing back there?"

"I'm reading something."

"Must be pretty interesting."

"Real interesting."  And that's all I'm going to say.  This is something that I simply want all for myself.  I am not going to share this with anybody.  Not just yet anyway....

No comments:

Post a Comment