Sunday 10 September 2023

The Peacock 996

 "So when are we inviting her over?" says Carl as we pull out of the driveway.

"Do you need a haircut that badly?" says Francois, smiling.  He is in the front seat as usual, partly on my insistence.  I want to keep sacrosanct my backseat privilege.

"Not as badly as you might be implying, young man:  But she seems nice and very interesting."

"Agreed", he replies.  I have no interest in participating in the conversation.  I suddenly am feeling ornery and misanthropic again.

"I'm going to ask her to give me blue hair", says Carl.

"You would be a vision of loveliness", says Francois.  "How about you Christopher?  Would you like blue hair?"

"Maybe purple or green."  I really don't feel like participating.

"How about pink?" says Carl.  "Or a flaming fuchsia?"

"Yeah okay."

"How about you, Francois?"

"Me?  I thought of living my life as a blonde.  But really, I prefer my hair its natural colour.  Black as the ace of spades."

Carl seems to find his remark funny.  I don't, but right now I don't find anything to be funny......

No comments:

Post a Comment