Monday 25 September 2023

The Peacock 1011

 The ride back is quiet and uneventful.  We are decidedly avoiding conversation, all three of us for now.  no one knows what to do about the house and Carl has not mentioned anything further.  Neither have I told anyone yet that I am now unemployed.  I have an appointment for next week with the psychiatrist at the mental health team.  I called them in the café while I was in the washroom.  No one here knows anything about this, that I am a certified mental health patient.  Though I'm sure that, given some of my behaviour, they wouldn't find the idea to be at all far -fetched.  The thing is, except for that one period of three weeks of hospitalization I have been able to fake it, keeping my job, and my very limited social circle.  And now this.  Unemployed.  This big empty space waiting before me, but what is that empty space I am stepping into going to be for me? An open door that will lead me into new directions, experiences and adventures, or one gaping maw that will swallow me in a single gulp.  Maybe both?  I can talk to Erik about this, because he was living with us when I was in hospital.  He alone knows, and I'm still not sure how safe I should feel around Carl or Francois.  They will be okay but we have only known each other for one week.  And now we three have become inseparable....

No comments:

Post a Comment