Saturday 9 September 2023

The Peacock 995

 "Have you just moved in here?" says Chelsea.  "I don't think I've seen you before."

"I grew up in this house.  My father passed it onto me after he passed away, and I've been living elsewhere.  But now it looks like I'm moving back."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.   About your father, I mean.   I've been here the last two months, part-time.  I was named executor of my grandmother's estate and I am here to close up the house and put it up for sale."

"I'm sorry", say I.

"Thanks, but no worries.  She was 101.  I am the last surviving relative, except my Mum who is living with dementia, so everything's in my hands now."

"Do you live in Vancouver?" says Francois.

"In New West.  Don't let my plummy accent fool you, I've been here for several years now.  but don't let me get in the way of your morning, you guys.  I just wanted to say hello and find out more about what Sheeba has been up to."

"Come by and visit for coffee anytime", says Carl, opening the driver's door to his van.

"I think that would be fun.  And you guys, please feel free to visit.  By the way, I cut hair for a living.  I work part-time in a salon in Burnaby but I also make house calls.  Let me know, will you?" she says, handing me her business card...

No comments:

Post a Comment