Wednesday 6 September 2023

The Peacock 992

 "Has anyone seen the cat?" say I.

"Didn't she come in last night?" says Francois.

"She might have another home", says Carl. reaching across the table to put two more slices of bread in the toaster.  "Um, I think I put in one too many.  Anyone want the extra piece of toast?"

"I'll have it", say I, "unless Francois wants it".

"You go ahead, I already am working on slice number four."

""You're a growing kid", says Carl, smiling.

"Horizontally if I don't mend my eating ways.  What time are we leaving?"

"I say we get an early start and leave no sooner than nine.  Does that give us enough time?"

"Half an hour", say I.  "Sure."

"You're serious about buying that house", says Francois.

"I'm serious about looking at it."

"Curiosity?"

"you could call it that.."


No comments:

Post a Comment