Monday 18 September 2023

The Peacock 1004

 This is a tragic account.  The care facility locked down and made completely inaccessible to visitors and loved ones by the pandemic.  And the tortured lonely death of Joan without her daughter or partner present.  "I cannot afford this luxury of self-pity, knowing full well that I am not the only one to lose her mother this way, and also knowing that however painful for Dorothy and me, how much more frightening and lonely that must have been for Mom, dying alone like that, unable to breathe, basically drowning on dry land.  We could at least give her a proper burial.  She did not want to be cremated, and yes, we regularly visit her grave now, sometimes alone, but sometimes together.  To both our amazement, Dorothy and I have become close through this, and this is also what mother would have wanted...

I scroll down to the bottom where there is a link, Geraldine Bang-Bang dot com.  I click, and yes this must be Chelsea in another guise as a sex columnist, expounding on the pleasures of various toys and lubes.  I think I will save it for later...

No comments:

Post a Comment