Monday 4 September 2023

The Peacock 990

 "Well, you have to go back...and so do I.  My car is there you know.  So, what's the plan.  For your mom I mean?"

"She will run the house with Mel as a retreat centre, and with Robert, and whoever else wants to put their oar in", says Carl.

"What about the others?"

"The community?.  Well, the ladies are all getting ready to leave, they are poised to return to Maureen's house here in Vancouver.  Lazarus and Jason said they're done.  and George and Jeffrey.  I don't know about the rest of them.  hey, Chris, something else, I've been meaning to tell you."

"Spit."

"That Victorian era house we saw yesterday in New West, the one with the for sale sign?  I just got a call.  We can look at it tomorrow."

"What time?"

"Ten am.  Say you'll come?"

"I was wanting to spend the day alone tomorrow."

"you can spend the afternoon alone. "

"How about Francois?"

"We'll ask him at breakfast."

And now I am feeling sleep creep up on me and my eyes are closed.

"I guess I should go up to bed."

"Would you mind turning off the lamp for me please?"

He reaches across, turns out the light, then strokes my hair just once and says, "Goodnight, Chris.  Then he gets up, leaves the room and closes the door behind him....


No comments:

Post a Comment