Saturday 30 September 2023

The Peacock 1016

 Carl has just served us up some grilled cheese sandwiches, and they are delicious.  He has used some of the old English cheddar we bought the other day.  No one has said much of anything since we got out of the van.

"I thought you were taking the van in for servicing today?" says Francois.

"It can wait till tomorrow.  I have to get back to work on my article about Amanda."

"How far along are you?" say I

"I would say, near the middle of the beginning.  She is quite a fascinating study."

"How so?"

"Well, she is an accomplished mathematician.  She has a masters degree from McGill university, then she did world travel for over a year.  In Tel Aviv she had an affair with this guy, and became pregnant.  When she returned home she gave birth to her daughter. then quickly got married to this guy she had dated in high school, who quickly after fathered our own Tristan.."

"Are you doing interviews with her?" say I.

"Mostly we're doing emails"...


No comments:

Post a Comment