Thursday 7 September 2023

The Peacock 993

 From the sundeck I can see next door a young woman seated on a lawn chair on a patio, drinking what looks like coffee or tea with Sheeba the cat on her lap. She is reading a magazine.  So, that solves the mystery of our cat.  She already has a home, but I am also happy to share her if my neighbour doesn't mind.  I have never seen her before, and have no idea what happened to the old couple who lived there before.  If they're still alive at all, given they were already pretty old the last time I noticed them ten years ago  I don't remember their names.

Carl and Francois are just finishing the kitchen clean up.  They still won't allow me to do it, since they seem to want me to not have to worry about their being here,  Ha, if only.  But this is going to be for all of us an adjustment.

"Ready to roll?" says Carl while wiping the counter.

"Are you still going to bring the van in for servicing?" asked Francois.

"I was going to do that on the way home."  

"I guess that means we will be riding the bus part way" say I.

"We can get Uber"

"You can get Uber", says Francois.  "I want to learn the bus system."

"And I need to get used to it.  Which means you're outnumbered, Carl.  Unless you want to ride home alone in the backseat of an Uber car driven by some young dickhead who doesn't want to talk to you."

"Okay, you win.  Democracy.  Fucking democracy."

"Awww", say I.

"yeah", concurs Francois.  "Poor you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment