Saturday 2 September 2023

The Peacock 988

 My second night sleeping in Dad's bedroom.  It is nice in here.  And my way of affirming my mastery of the house.  The House On Pooh Corner sits on the night table, unread.  I am too tired to read, but not sure if I am yet ready for sleep.  Tomorrow after breakfast I will wander out into the forest.  I don't know how long I'll spend there.  But I need time alone.  I have been with these guys constantly, except while asleep, and to everything there is a season.  I had hoped to leave behind the intensity at the mansion, but the intensity really is Carl.  He doesn't appear to have an off switch.  It looks as if I am going to have to accept that my life is going to go on being interesting.  I just got a text from Erik.  He would be boarding his plane by now.  He is not happy about having to quarantine for the next two weeks.  And then we will be transporting him along with Carl's mom and her two friends back to the mansion.  I should have driven my own car.  I don't want to return to that place...

No comments:

Post a Comment