Tuesday 5 September 2023

The Peacock 991

 We're each getting our own breakfast, but we all seem to have congregated simultaneously in the kitchen.  Nothing fancy today, Shreddies for me, toast with jam and peanut butter for Carl, and Francois is busy frying himself a couple of eggs.  Carl has been scrolling on his phone since he sat down, and this I find extremely annoying.

"Hey Carl", say I after my first spoonful of cereal, "How about putting the phone away while you're at the table?"

"Oh, sorry, I was trying to get some information for a story."

"It can wait."

"Yes, of course", he says putting the phone in his pants pocket.

"What's the story about?" says Francois, carrying to the table his plate of eggs and toast.  "Hey, someone remembered to buy seville marmalade!"

"I'm just trying to get some more information on the church where Amanda used to attend."

"So you're going ahead with it?"

"Oh yeah, she is totally gung-ho."

"Better than a court date."

"How about if I invite her for a visit while Erik's in quarantine?"

"Don't see why not.  What do you think, Francois?"

"If she can handle sharing space with  three lunatics, I'm all for it..."

No comments:

Post a Comment