Saturday 23 September 2023

The Peacock 1009

 My phone is ringing.

"Hello."

"Christopher.  It's Erik."

"Has your plane landed?"

"I'm in the terminal, waiting to be shuttled off to my quarantine."

I don't know how to respond.  "how was your flight?"

"It was alright.  I'm feeling super tired right now.  I even wonder if I've got it?"

"Have you been tested?"

"I was just tested here at the airport, and I should get the results tomorrow."

"Hang in there.  Do you want to talk in a little while?  I'm kind of busy right now."

"Where are you?"

"In a café in New West with Carl and Francois.  We were just looking at a house, a big haunted Victorian mansion in Queen's Park that Carl wants to buy for us all."

"Serious?"

"Serious is rather a big word for a small problem.  We should be home in about an hour, can I get you then on Skype?"

"Sounds good."

"Okay.  Hang in there, kid."

Hang in there, kid.  That is exactly what Dad used to say.  I think I know now why my moods have been so wonky.  I'm channeling the old man...

No comments:

Post a Comment