Wednesday 20 September 2023

The Peacock 1006

 There is a parking space directly in front of the house.  It does have a certain Victorian grandeur with the queen Anne turret and gingerbread terrace.  Rather a sky blue in colour with white trim,  Looks like it's seen better days.  A young Asian man is standing on the sidewalk in front and waves to us, at first smiling, but when he sees us all emerge from the car he appears a little more restrained.  Well, we don't exactly look like wealthy property investors, though I trust he will have wet dreams after looking at Carl's bank balance.  He is dressed in a very well cut dark blue suit with an open neck white shirt, no necktie.  Rather on the short side.

"Hello", he says looking to me.  "My name is Willie, and you must be Carl."

"No, I'm Carl", says Carl.  "And these are my friends, Francois and Christopher."

Willy vigorously shakes Carl's hand, and for the rest of the visit treats Francois and I as though we are invisible....

No comments:

Post a Comment