Tuesday 13 February 2024

1148

 We have paused to talk with strangers living on the sidewalk at least a dozen times and we're still on our way to Chuck's office.  They all look terrible, unhealthy, malnourished, strung-out on drugs, some appear to be dying.  I never knew that it would get so bad here, and I regret to this very day that I actually once voted for the provincial party that orchestrated this madness of disempowerment.  I have never thought of myself as political, and after the sad fallout began to appear on our city sidewalks I came to rue the day that I voted for those greedy clowns, and have never cast a ballot since, not in twenty years.  Francois appears to have taken quite naturally to the local homeless, and engages well, frankly, compassionately and humorously with some of them. He appears to be a natural. Me, I am completely out of my element, and totally embarrassed at my lack of compassion.  Chuck is fully in his element, and he is clearly welcome and liked here, even loved...

No comments:

Post a Comment