Saturday 24 February 2024

The Peacock 1160

 "I think I'm with you about not walking with your phone in your hand", say I to François.  We are right now passing through a neighbourhood full of low to medium rise buildings, and a few towers, but not on this block.  "You know, sometimes I even forget to bring my phone with me."

"I can't say that mine gets a lot of use", says Carl, "Except for when I'm working.  And right now because Melissa is needing an open line while I'm away from the house.  And of course, my mother."

"My dad was very worried about this technology, and he steadfastly refused to get one, he just had a basic cell phone for emergencies.", say I.

"Your father has been a strong influence on you", says Francois.

"Yes.  Unfortunately."

"Why Unfortunately.?"

And now a question that I just don't know how to answer.  "I don't know.  it's hard to say, I guess."

"You've not really given it a lot of thought till now?" says Carl.

"Something like that."  And now it looks like we are going to walk in silence again, for a while, as I stumble and muddle through guilt as the only one among us who was ever properly raised and loved by his male parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment