Tuesday 20 February 2024

The Peacock 1156

 It has been a couple of years since I have walked this route, and also a couple of years since my last visit to the park. I am flanked by Carl on my left and Francois on my right, who always appears to be walking half a step ahead of us.  I think this could be metaphoric, and that we both have much to learn from him.  I really can scarcely imagine three more different people to be thrown together like this, but isn't that always the way Jesus does it?  And how strangely well we get along.   We can even fight with each other and do it in a way that no one gets hurt. Well, so far, anyway.  We have only been together a week and a half, ten very intense days, and I sometimes wonder what could be our breaking point.  We each seem to have our turn at putting up and shutting up, but how long can we endure this.  The constant togetherness is in itself troubling, but right now seems inevitable.  I am just waiting for either Chuck or Francois to get so sick of it all, but I also know it is partly my own fault for not saying anything, for not having a spine, for simply submitting to the inevitable.  Ah...this learned helplessness.  When we turned off of Robson street to walk on Barclay, much quieter with parks and heritage mansions, Carl at first protested.  He wanted to stop and look at books.  Well, that is something he is going to have to do on his own time...

No comments:

Post a Comment