Sunday 18 February 2024

The Peacock 1153

 "Does your friend have room for a crazy Dutch guy on his team?"

"We would have to talk to him first,   plus, he would want to meet you.  I think, Chuck's style of hiring has more to do with whether or not he likes you."

"And you don't think he would like me."

"Only one way to find out", says Francois.  "But aren't you going to be busy for a while, with your mom and with getting back to the mansion and everything?"

"I'm done with that place."  Now we are all seated together in the living room.  
Carl has taken over the couch with his manspread, and Francois and I are each in the two armchairs.

"I think also Chuck is particularly interested in aptitude and ability to connect with people on the street", say I.  Francois is a natural, me, I think I'm a disaster at it, but Chuck, from observing me, thinks I'll do okay."

"Does he still like you?" asks Carl.

"It's hard to say.  There is a connection, but for me anyway there is nothing romantic or otherwise."

"And for Chuck?"  Well, at least Carl is granting him his name and not just rendering him anonymous by referring to him as "My  Friend"....


No comments:

Post a Comment