Tuesday 6 February 2024

The Peacock 1141

 "Did Sarah ever tell you about Angela?"

"A bit", say I.  "That she is older, part Aboriginal, and that she was in the past a sex worker with addictions but that she had since come into a very strong relationship with Christ."

"The woman is a walking miracle.  Anyway, we met for breakfast at the hostel, and before we even sat down she said that Hannah had already spoken to her, that she no longer wanted to stay with a husband who would not properly make love to her, and point blank she asked me if I was gay.  I refused to answer, and she said it wasn't important, but since I was now on my own, there was a posting for a street minister in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside that she thought was tailor made for me.  And she was right.  She told me she would give me the full contact info only on the condition that I completely respect Hannah's request that I not contact her again.  Of course, I knew I was being taken out of the way, but to tell you the truth, I love this city, Vancouver, and I really felt strongly the calling to come here...

No comments:

Post a Comment