Monday 5 February 2024

The Peacock 1140

 "Did you meet her in Australia", says Francois.

"Yes.  In the church actually.  There is a bit of a story.  Remember that hostel where I was living for a while,  in Melbourne?  and that's also where I happened to know your friend Sarah.  Well, Angela, who lived and worked there was involved in a mission church, they were Pentecostals.  Hannah was in recovery from a nasty addiction and was also recently minted, as we used to say about new converts to the faith.  She took a huge interest in me.  One thing led to another and within six months or so we were tying the knot.  It turned out not to be the greatest idea.  We were really quite incompatible, and I wasn't able to really be for her the kind of husband she was wanting.  We were soon fighting and arguing.  About almost everything.  Then, one morning I woke up.  She was gone. She left a note, simply saying that I must not try to find her.  That same morning I got a phone call from Angela, who only told me to meet her right away at the hostel..."

No comments:

Post a Comment