Sunday 25 February 2024

The Peacock 1161

 This is Lagoon Drive we are crossing", say I, signalling to the green bank of trees and foliage on the other side, "and so we just have to take this pathway down and we are in Stanley Park."

"I've never been here before", says Carl.

"Same here", says François.  "This is beautiful."

I am surprised how busy the park is with visitors, this being a weekday,  but we are in a pandemic, a lot of places are still closed, and people are encouraged by our public health officer to spend as much time outdoors as possible.  They are mostly walking or on bikes, some joggers, a lot of people wearing masks.

"Should we be wearing masks?" say I.

"You can't get covid outdoors", says Carl.  "It's an overreaction."

 François is putting on a mask.

"How big is this place?" says Carl.

"I think it's a bit over two square kilometres", say I.  Francois has removed his mask and now stuffs it in his back pocket.


No comments:

Post a Comment