Tuesday 27 February 2024

The Peacock 1163

 And this of course for me begs the unaskable question of what are we really doing together.  Unaskable because we are all really afraid of finding out.  Or because we already know the answer and none of us three really feel quite ready to face its naked impact.  Well, both my new friends need my support with  their mothers now ill with covid and I need their support as I begin to negotiate this new and fragile stage in my mental health recovery.  This learning to live without the numbed certainty of daily psychotropic medications and actually facing all my little demons unassisted and unarmed except for the courage of facing them and standing my ground.  And it is never a good idea to do this sort of thing alone, even though there comes the time when we can only do this sort of thing alone.  Francois has found a bench and already is seated while pulling out his phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment